Monday, July 02, 2007

Cat Castles

Do you have cats in your house that still have their front claws? I do and they have taken quite nicely to my Berber carpet! I do clip their nails regularly. I have spent a small fortune buying “small” scratching posts and play tunnels and various things, but I always stopped short of the grand cat castles made of towers and various scratching post type structures. Why? I guess the multiple small purchases have always seemed more practical than forking over a large chunk of change for the one thing that likely will do the trick. My cat castle is now on its way and I’ll let you know how it works. If this attempt to stop the mutilation of the Berber fails, I will just have to resort to applying sticky paper on the entire carpeted area of my home and hoping the kids don’t get stuck!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw your post regarding your cat scratching on the carpet. Thought I would share with you what we just discovered that worked really well for us.

Our cats both recently passed over at the age of 18 & we adopted two more through a rescue organization. They were quite stressed & they were sent home with Feliway to help calm them down. In reading about this product we learned that it also keeps cats from scratching on items. We immediately purchased Comfort Zone with Feliway at the local pet store, applied it lightly, after rubbing it in our hands, to every item, including the carpet, that we did not want them to scratch on.

They haven't even attempted to scratch on any of those items. Wish we had known about this product years ago. You may have to reapply ever so often, I'm not sure yet since it's only been a few weeks. The other item we tried is the cardboard scratch pads from the pet store....they love them. And, last but not least, we accidentally discovered that grass/straw mats, like ordinary door mats, Asian place mats & similar items make super scratch mats or posts. Even more so when catnip is applied, fresh, dried or from a spray bottle.

Hope this helps & maybe you won't have to resort to that sticky paper after all !

9/19/07, 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home